Our church is providing a course and conference combo that leads people to be free of their past in a healthy way. The course provides a foundation to live on day by day and the conference offers an environment for being free in areas we all tend to have difficulty in. [Church of the Highlands in Birmingham, Alabama has graciously shared this course and all the plans with us. Contact them at growleader.com for more info.]
I’ve had the privilege of going through the course three times and the conference five times. I know, what’s my problem, right? As the Multi-Site Groups and Care Director at Lifepoint Church, I get to lead the conference for this type of group. It is the most life-transforming thing most of our attendees have experienced.
Yet, most struggle to remain free. Ruts in our souls are much like ruts in an old country road. We slip back into the ruts we used to comfort ourselves or mute the sound of our thoughts unless we choose life and freedom every morning. Galatians 5:1-2 MSG
- Upon waking, take a few minutes to thank God that you woke up and that your body is working.
- Next, tell God you choose to surrender your life and the day ahead to His control, that you want to be and do all He planned for you in the day.
- Play a worship song or two while you get ready for the day.
- Align your mind with God by reading a chapter of the Bible.
- Throughout the day, return to your original commitment to surrender to God and see how different your day will be.