Our church is providing a course and conference combo that leads people to be free of their past in a healthy way. The course provides a foundation to live on day by day and the conference offers an environment for being set free in areas we all tend to have difficulty in. [Church of the Highlands in Birmingham, Alabama has graciously shared this course and all the plans with us. Contact them at growleader.com for more info.] It is the most life-transforming thing most of our attendees have experienced.
Even after the good foundation and two life-transforming days, a few struggle to remain free. Ruts in our souls (mind, will and emotions) are much like ruts in an old country road. We will slip back into the ruts we have used to comfort ourselves unless we choose life and freedom every morning. Galatians 5:1-2 MSG
- Upon waking, take a few minutes to thank God that you woke up and that your body is working.
- Next, tell God you choose to surrender your life and the day ahead to His control; that you want to be and do all He planned for you in the day.
- Use a worship playlist while you get ready for the day.
- Align your mind with God by reading the Bible until a verse stands out to you. I recommend you start with the book of John if you haven’t read much before.
- Throughout the day, return to your original commitment to surrender to God and see how different your day will be.